ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
- Encouraging targeted activities and programmes to improve the economic wellbeing and quality of life of people by building local wealth, diversifying the economy, creating and retaining jobs and building the local tax base.
- Improving living standards and attempting to make the society a better place to live in.
- Encouraging Local Economic growth to create local jobs.
- Protecting local economyfrom economic downturns by attracting and expanding the region’s major employers.
- Improving the quality of life and economicwell-being of people living in rural areas.
- Promoting sustainable economicgrowth and attempting to satisfy human needs without depletion of natural resources and environment for the use of future generations.